By Sandeep Yarabarla
- Install Cassandra and manage multi-node clusters
- Design wealthy schemas that catch the relationships among diversified facts types
- Master the complicated positive aspects on hand in Cassandra 3.x via a step by step educational and construct a scalable, excessive functionality database layer
Cassandra is a disbursed database that sticks out due to its powerful characteristic set and intuitive interface, whereas delivering excessive availability and scalability of a allotted info shop. This e-book will introduce you to the wealthy characteristic set provided by means of Cassandra, and empower you to create and deal with a hugely scalable, performant and fault-tolerant database layer.
The booklet begins by means of explaining the hot beneficial properties carried out in Cassandra 3.x and get you place up with Cassandra. Then you will stroll via facts modeling in Cassandra and the wealthy characteristic set on hand to layout a versatile schema. subsequent you will learn how to create tables with composite partition keys, collections and user-defined varieties and get to understand various easy methods to stay away from denormalization of information. you'll then continue to create user-defined capabilities and aggregates in Cassandra. Then, you'll manage a multi node cluster and notice how the dynamics of Cassandra swap with it. eventually, you'll enforce a few application-level optimizations utilizing a Java client.
By the top of this e-book, you can be totally outfitted to construct strong, scalable Cassandra database layers on your applications.
What you'll learn
- Install Cassandra
- Create keyspaces and tables with a number of clustering columns to prepare similar data
- Use secondary indexes and materialized perspectives to prevent denormalization of data
- Effortlessly deal with concurrent updates with assortment columns
- Ensure info integrity with light-weight transactions and logged batches
- Understand eventual consistency and use the correct consistency point in your situation
- Understand facts distribution with Cassandra
- Develop easy program utilizing Java motive force and enforce application-level optimizations
About the Author
Sandeep Yarabarla is a qualified software program engineer operating for Verizon Labs, dependent out of Palo Alto, CA. After graduating from Carnegie Mellon collage, he has labored on a number of huge information applied sciences for a spectrum of businesses. He has built purposes essentially in Java and Go.
His adventure contains dealing with quite a lot of unstructured and based information in Hadoop, and constructing facts processing purposes utilizing Spark and MapReduce. instantly, he's operating with a few state of the art applied sciences equivalent to Cassandra, Kafka, Mesos, and Docker to construct fault-tolerant and hugely scalable applications.
Table of Contents
- Getting Up and operating with Cassandra
- The First Table
- Organizing comparable Data
- Beyond Key-Value Lookup
- Establishing Relationships
- Denormalizing facts for optimum Performance
- Expanding Your info Model
- Collections, Tuples, and User-Defined Types
- Aggregating Time-Series Data
- How Cassandra Distributes Data
- Cassandra Multi-Node Cluster
- Application improvement utilizing the Java Driver
- Peeking less than the Hood
- Authentication and Authorization
Read or Download Learning Apache Cassandra - Second Edition PDF
Similar data mining books
In DetailMDX is the BI ordinary for multidimensional calculations and queries. skillability with this language is vital for the conclusion of your research prone’ complete power. MDX is a chic and robust language, and likewise has a steep studying curve. SQL Server 2012 research companies has brought a brand new BISM tabular version and a brand new formulation language, facts research Expressions (DAX).
Scientific Data-Mining (CDM) contains the conceptualization, extraction, research, and interpretation of obtainable medical facts for perform knowledge-building, scientific decision-making and practitioner mirrored image. based upon the kind of information mined, CDM should be qualitative or quantitative; it's normally retrospective, yet should be meaningfully mixed with unique facts assortment.
Realize fraud prior to mitigate loss and forestall cascading harm Fraud Analytics utilizing Descriptive, Predictive, and Social community Techniques is an authoritative guidebook for developing a entire fraud detection analytics answer. Early detection is a key think about mitigating fraud harm, however it consists of extra really expert options than detecting fraud on the extra complicated levels.
Effortless, hands-on recipes that will help you comprehend Hive and its integration with frameworks which are used generally in modern day tremendous info worldAbout This BookGrasp an entire reference of alternative Hive themes. Get to understand the most recent recipes in improvement in Hive together with CRUD operationsUnderstand Hive internals and integration of Hive with diverse frameworks utilized in latest global.
- Integration of Information and Optimization Models for Routing in City Logistics: 177 (International Series in Operations Research & Management Science)
- Big Data: Storage, Sharing, and Security
- Measuring the Digital World: Using Digital Analytics to Drive Better Digital Experiences (FT Press Analytics)
- Data Mining: Methoden und Algorithmen intelligenter Datenanalyse (Computational Intelligence) (German Edition)
- Programmatic Advertising: The Successful Transformation to Automated, Data-Driven Marketing in Real-Time (Management for Professionals)
- A Course in In-Memory Data Management: The Inner Mechanics of In-Memory Databases
Additional resources for Learning Apache Cassandra - Second Edition