By William S. Pintz,Hermina Morita
This e-book records the socio-environmental context and early heritage of Hawaii's try and replacement renewable strength assets and effort potency measures for oil imports. It identifies parts of coverage formula the place fresh power options have been potent and parts the place the state's coverage technique used to be both beside the point or restricted by way of political or institutional factors.
Although Hawaii's fresh strength Initiative is a special partnership, formulated to fulfill Hawaii's particular wishes and assets, the coverage approach addressed difficulties which are universal outdoors the kingdom. whereas the case learn includes fresh power regulations, some of the matters are appropriate to public coverage improvement subject matters in different sectors. Examples of those "general curiosity" coverage subject matters include:
• realizing how the political and socioeconomic weather might impact coverage assumptions
• formulating a regulatory and criminal framework for tracking coverage compliance
• designing and knowing the results of subsidy and tax-incentive policies
• dealing with conflicts with regulations in different sectors;
• addressing the pursuits of present and destiny stakeholders;
• developing suggestions for public session and knowledge dissemination;
• utilizing exterior services from govt enterprises, educational associations and personal consultants;
• designing functionality and overview metrics for measuring progress.
The booklet is meant to be used in graduate and senior undergraduate classes facing the formula, implementation and effect of public coverage. It additionally offers researchers interested in the advance and implementation of unpolluted power with a consultant to the hurdles more likely to be encountered in relocating innovation from the technical sphere to the sensible actual global and the way to beat them. expert policymakers could benefit from an instance of a procedure to create a practicable fresh power policy.
Read Online or Download Clean Energy from the Earth, Wind and Sun: Learning from Hawaii's Search for a Renewable Energy Strategy PDF
Similar energy physics books
Gas cells were well-known to be destined to shape the cornerstone of strength applied sciences within the twenty-first century. The swift advances in gas cellphone procedure improvement have left present details on hand basically in scattered journals and websites. Advances in gas Cells fills the knowledge hole among frequently scheduled journals and college point textbooks by means of supplying in-depth assurance over a vast scope.
Newly revised and up-to-date, this best-selling ebook addresses the complexities of catastrophe preparedness and company continuity. up-to-date with the newest statistics, the recent version contains an outline of usual mess ups, a precis of most modern climate occasions and new assurance of machine and information safeguard improved to incorporate cyber assaults at the inner most region, and knowledge on dealing with info privateness.
This expansive reference on fresh power applied sciences makes a speciality of instruments for method modelling and research, and their position in optimizing designs to accomplish better potency, reduce environmental affects and aid sustainable improvement. Key subject matters starting from predicting affects of on-grid power garage to environmental impression exams to complicated exergy research innovations are lined.
This publication presents technical facts and knowledge on unconventional- and inactive strength assets. After reviewing the present international power state of affairs, person chapters speak about fossil gas assets and renewable strength assets. It specializes in destiny power platforms and explores renewable power situations together with water power and tool, biofuels and algae strength.
- Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century: World Nuclear University Press
- Dormez tranquilles jusqu’en 2100: Et autres malentendus sur le climat et l’énergie (OJ.SCIENCES) (French Edition)
- Konzepte zur Netzintegration von Elektrofahrzeugen (German Edition)
- Green Economy Reader: Lectures in Ecological Economics and Sustainability (Studies in Ecological Economics)
Extra info for Clean Energy from the Earth, Wind and Sun: Learning from Hawaii's Search for a Renewable Energy Strategy