By A. Bala
Read or Download Asia, Europe, and the Emergence of Modern Science: Knowledge Crossing Boundaries PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Diffusion of New Technologies in the Post-Communist World: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Marketing of High-Tech Know How St Petersburg, ... 13 (Nato Science Partnership Subseries: 4)
The tip of this century has witnessed dramatic alterations in morality, heritage and geography. those alterations have been felt during the international, and likewise around the whole gamut matters. Even rather distant and probably insulated actions equivalent to technological know-how and expertise have skilled, and as much as some degree contributed to, those dramatic alterations.
The clash among technology and faith turns out indelible, even everlasting. definitely such divergent perspectives of the universe have continually been in fierce competition? truly, that’s now not the case, says Peter Harrison: our very recommendations of technology and faith are quite fresh, rising simply some time past 300 years, and it truly is these very different types, instead of their underlying strategies, that constrain our knowing of the way the formal research of nature pertains to the non secular lifestyles.
This booklet is the 1st to inform the extreme but unheralded historical past of monoclonal antibodies. also known as Mabs, they're strange to such a lot nonscientists, but those microscopic protein molecules are in all places, quietly shaping our lives and healthcare. stumbled on within the mid-1970s within the laboratory the place Watson and Crick had past unveiled the constitution of DNA, Mabs have extensively replaced understandings of the pathways of affliction.
J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964) is greatly favored as one of many maximum and so much influential British scientists of the twentieth century, making major contributions to genetics, body structure, biochemistry, biometry, cosmology, and different sciences. extra extraordinary, then, is the truth that Haldane had no formal qualification in technological know-how.
- The Science of Sympathy: Morality, Evolution, and Victorian Civilization (History of Emotions)
- Eierstock und Ei, ein Beitrag zur Anatomie und Entwicklungeschichte der Sexualorgane (German Edition)
- Grammar of arithmetic, or, An analysis of the language of figures and science of numbers
- Freedom All The Way Up: God and the Meaning of Life in a Scientific Age
- A History of Money in Ancient Countries From the Earliest Times to the Present. (Elibron Classics)
- Robert Recorde: Tudor Polymath, Expositor and Practitioner of Computation (History of Computing)
Additional resources for Asia, Europe, and the Emergence of Modern Science: Knowledge Crossing Boundaries